The Catholic University of America

Summer Intern Housing Program Questions

If you have any further questions about the summer intern housing program, please contact the Office of Events and Conference Services at 202-319-5291 or

Frequently Asked Questions

  Q: Where is CUA? A: CUA is located in the northeast quadrant of Washington D.C. just three miles from the U.S. Capitol building.
  Q: Who can stay at CUA? A: Any individual in D.C. for educational purposes - internships, co-ops, research and/or educational study.
  Q: Is there a minimum age requirement? A: Yes, you must be 18 years or older to participate in the summer intern housing program.
  Q: What is the minimum night stay on campus? A: There is a minimum Thirty (30) night stay for intern housing.
  Q: Will I be assigned a roommate if I choose a double occupancy room? A:  Roommates will be assigned to double occupancy guests.  If you have someone you would like to live with a double occupancy room, please share that information on you application.  Your potential roommate should also list your name on his/her application.
  Q: Do you have married or family housing available? A:  There is no married or family housing available.
  Q: How close is the campus to the Capitol, National Mall, or downtown? A: CUA is located just three Metrorail stops from Capitol Hill, via the Red Line Metrorail stop to Union Station. Popular downtown destinations such as Gallery Place/Chinatown and DuPont Circle are also on the Red Line. (The Metrorail runs adjacent to campus, a walk of about three city blocks from most lodging on campus.) Visit the Metrorail website for more information.
  Q: How do I arrange to receive mail or packages while staying at CUA?

A: You will be assigned a mailbox and given mailing information upon check-in.

  Q: What do I bring to campus? A: While rooms are fully furnished with a bed, dresser, desk, desk chair, and closet or wardrobe per occupant, anyone staying in University housing will need to bring bedding, towels/washcloths, alarm clocks, desk lamps, etc.
  Q: What do I need to do in order to cancel? A: Anyone who needs to cancel must request so in writing to Cancellations prior to check-in date will result in a forfeiture of $250.
  Q: What do I do if I need to change my reservation. A: Interns are responsible for the dates of stay they requested. In the event you would like to extend your stay, please contact the Office of Events and Conference Services at Extensions will be handled on a case-by-case basis and are subject to availability.
  Q: Whom do I call in case of an emergency?

A: Call 202-319-5111 or extension 5111 from a campus phone, to report any on-campus emergencies. This includes, but is not limited to: theft, fire, drugs, dangerous situations, and major maintenance concerns. All other requests should be directed to the Information Desk at 202-319-5200 or extension 5200 from a campus phone.

   Q: How do I request housing accommodations?

 A. If you have a disability or medical condition which should be considered in assigning you a room, please complete the Housing Accommodation Request Form.

In order to receive a housing accommodation, you may need documentation supporting the requested accommodation. Accommodations are made on a needs-based and space-available basis. Please note: All on-campus residence halls are air-conditioned.

  Q:  What are the rules concerning guests of interns? A:  Residence halls are open to visitors from 9:00a.m. - 2:00a.m.  The right of a resident to live in reasonable privacy takes precedence over the right of his/her roommate to entertain a guest in the room.  Guests must respect quiet hours. Overnight guests are not permitted except with permission granted from the Office of Events and Conference Services.
  Q:  for summer, can I check-in prior to May 13, 2018? A:  Requests for early arrival will be handled on a case by case basis, Please contract
  Q:  Can I extend my stay past the August 5, 2018check-out date? A:  Requests for later departures will be handled on a case by case basis, Please contract